In our third edition of our digital talk series, editor Katrin Wißmann will host European Foodservice Partner Dr. David Bosshart, Author, Speaker, Executive Advisor GDI Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute, for a 60-minute session on the next Normal, implications from the crisis and recovery.
- We’re witnessing a K-shaped recovery: the winners are becoming even more the winners, and the losers are becoming more the losers. Why?
- Retail, technology, software services are the winners right now, food service, hospitality, travel and tourism, entertainment and culture the losers.
- Can we reverse the trend? Possibly.
- Will a vaccine change things? No. Not really. The underlying trends that provoqued the crisis are much stronger.
- The polarization between fear and hope is the motivational starting point.
- Global Google trends clearly show that fear feelings have been on the rise since 2015.
- Hope: what can we influence, what not? Why it matters that we stay entrepreneurial?
- Key markets of hope in the future.
- Why placebo works: Hope heals!
- The tech curse: tech used to be the hope, now it is a devil’s race.
- Why do we have a crisis? Weak imagination. And weak believes.
- Check your believes, check what you really think will happen.
- What you believe determines what trends you take seriously.
- Key questions for the coming years: A decade of work from home ahead?
- The crisis is not an economic crisis, but first of all a social and biological crisis.
- How do we get together tomorrow? Humans are social beings, they like to mingle, tell stories, and jokes.
- Will we still be traveling? Who will travel? Business and leisure markets at the turning point.
- Recommendations for restaurant operators.
The following speakers are confirmed: